So for the most part English is widely spoken here. They deal with a lot of imports. Mostly because of their dealings with the English speaking part of the world. At least where I live I speak the language and than they go, oh yeah I speak English.
Now for many of us learning 2nd languages learners in order to communicate with others we have to re-hearse what we are going to say. I know for Americans at least we want to look smooth and call suave. So in my efforts to communicate better I rehearse and get up there and....brain....stop. What? And now I'm all tongue tied and the person is staring at me like, what? It's just a down hill dive. Ha ha, now I understand kids learning English it's a matter of, hey I don't want to look stupid.
Okay so my Turkish brain is still rearing the ugly head. But that is eh okay :). It'll leave just not when I want it to.
Till than Happy Eid/Bayram Ya'll :)
Turkish delight is a delight here, its a delight here during Ramadan/Eid and this is "Karisik" Turkish Delight

No comments:
Post a Comment