Saturday, April 25, 2009

Painting Turkish Style


Wow...this weekend is flying by. I should probably get some rest. Its been amazing! Friday night was fun filled. We have a lot of Birthdays that seem to be celebrated at school during the year. Its wonderful. We go out for one at least once a month. We seem to go to Panora Mall a lot its quite nice but after a while you kind of get sick of the malls etc. So today we ended up downtown after the painting class which I'll go into later on in this post. We went downtown and walked around in the open air. Even though its polluted and such its quite nice to be in the open. We had Kumper, which I took a picture of but its basically a baked potato with something special and vegetables and such piled high on it. They put mayo on a lot of stuff here and they totally got it that I didn't want it and put it on there. Ahh well I'm eating it Turkish style? We also were able to get gifts for a friends Birthday. Its hard for people who have been here for a while and you know they have a lot. But what I got is pretty cool.

For Easter we dyed eggs. Ever dyed brown ones? We had to dye them longer but it was an adventure to get the finished project. Including my roommate getting something in her eye :(.

Painting Turkish style today: Wow!! I can't even begin to say I didn't paint today. We spent a long time drawing. I am not the greatest but I kept at it. We'll see if I get to paint a plate and how nice it looks :). Other than that I'm working hard at school and I hope to go to Istanbul at some point.

No comments: