Today is a super "hyped" up day in America. Today elementary children share cards with classmates, have parties and enjoy the day. It was so innocent...than High School happened. Students give out candy grams. Fast forward to college if you have a serious relationship you might have a date or something....
Well now I'm finished with all that. I'm on my own as it were in a foreign country where dating isn't appropriate really. That and I find Valentines day a little to commercialized. Its great if you have someone if not, I rather enjoy the half price chocolate day-after at Wal Mart. Ahh the good ol' days of being in college. Where you waited till things were on sale cause you couldn't afford much else.
Today is a day where I remind my students that its not all about the relationships (which isn't bad between parents and such). But its about the ultimate love. We have ONE ultimate love and to say you love someone doesn't mean your going to marry them. It means you cherish them, and are going to encourage or build up that person. 1 Cor. 13. Love is PATIENT. Yes what a word. So this day isn't just relationships and candy, this day is a reminder to me that I need to share J-O-Y. For a friend of mine who share that meaning thank you. Thanks for showing HIS love to me.
What does this day mean to you?
Who would you express your "cherishing" thoughts for? I would for my family without them I wouldn't be here. How about yourself?
1 comment:
you ripped off my entry!
j/k
-Jesse
Post a Comment