Saturday, March 7, 2009

One hour out of Ankara

Today I ventured with some fellow teachers to a place called Bay Payzar. Twas a lot of fun. I want to give you the day in snip-its.

-Wake up....be in front of someones house at 8:45 AM
-Catch the dolmush at 8:50 AM
-Arrive in front of Anka-Mall 9:15 AM
-Catch Dolmush to a place thats an hour a way. On the way I hear there is a LOT of shopping, their famous for carrots, old stuff, and silver making. Slightly random.
-9:45 AM struggle to stay awake but nap seems to be key until arrival.
-Now I believe...we got there close to 10:45 AM but I DID not look at my watch
-11 AM we proceed to the WC (bathroom). Did I mention you have to pay a few "kurush" change to use the WC here? Yep
-11:10 AM up the hill to the historic district. There we view a school and see old pictures. The ironic part is the school is now a restaurant.
-11:45 up the hill some more, purchase jewelry.
-12 Go to museum "living" museum
-12:45 sample Ottomon made Juice
-12:50 Jump rope with some adorable Turkish girls (I seriously think that was the BEST part of the trip) It was too cute.
-1 PM go to a restaurant. It was passable
-2 PM head up the hill to see the valley down of the Bey Payzar
-2:05 it is very WINDY not good for contacts
-2:15 head down the mountain
-2:30 Wander buy things
-3ish watch silver making/buy silver :) spend LOTS of time shopping
-4 somethingish try local cookies
-5 catch dolmush back!
-6:45 almost lose life
-6:50 accident delayed for school event...
-7:30 RUSH in and recieve dinner

end day now I'm watching a movie... it was fun perhaps I should post pictures

Jump rope will always live on in my mind.


No comments: