Wednesday, November 11, 2020

Hurting Hearts

Well, today is a great day. I've noticed a lot of people acknowledging Veterans. I will too. Thank you to those who have served. I appreciate you and your service to our country.


Now to get out what is no my mind. 

First, the CoVid and 2020 has been a year of suck. Frankly there's a lot going on that I can't go into detail with but it's been crappy. I ended the school year Virtually. I have been teaching on Zoom since the school year started. It's been a weird and odd year. There's more but it's not my news to share.

Second, lots of things have been canceled or changed and what have you. Having to find our "new" normal has been quite the challenge. I think I've got a handle on it. But seriously I'm so happy that there is technology.

Third, political division. Now....most people who know me is I love Jesus first, others second and me last. This has been the WORST time in my live. I love people. I have seen people argue that I love and respect. I've seen people from both sides basically touting things that are WAY off. Media has been okay but I feel like it has been the culprit in the political divide. What have you, right , left, etc I'm not here to debate so lets be clear. But my hear is seriously broken for the church and what it has become. My heart hurts. I hate seeing people unwilling to work together. I hate seeing pointed fingers. I am hurting and it's been challenging where to speak up and where to just pray. I will tell you I wrestle with this daily. I am not claiming to be right on anything nor do I want anyone to come after me etc. But I am struggling. And it's from both sides. 

Last, loving my neighbor in a pandemic. I'm still trying to figure that one out. How do I treat my co-workers, friends, and family well in a pandemic. I'm also limited in funds so ideas would be great. I just want to be Jesus. That's it. There's a lot of people who will disagree but again I know my convictions call me to live above petty things and negativity and reach out to show care. 


That's it....thanks for coming to my brain's talk.

Be safe out there! 

No comments: