At this point in life you are all probably watching the news and biting your nails.
Or you are getting nervous.
Perhaps you are reading and staying informed.
You may not be working. (Praying for you!)
You may be working from home (like me).
Regardless of your situation we are daily surrounded by uncertainty. It's hard. It's stressful. It's downright mind blowing sometimes. The alarming part is, this could be a normal behavior for a bit longer than till summer. Every time I go out I look ridiculous. But it's for safety.
What I found certainty in is Jesus. I know it's challenging when things are falling apart. Don't get me wrong I've wrestled with a LOT of things. This is by no means easy. But my certainty comes from knowing Jesus does not change. He is the same yesterday, today and forever. A few weeks ago I caught myself finding certainty in expert opinions. I had to stop and just not look. I was frustrated, not knowing how long I'd be sitting behind a computer trying to educate the next generation. I also relied on my husband (yes, that's another story for another day).
What I came to...it's okay to not know. Take each day, take one day. We don't have to paint it with sunshine and colors. Bad days are allowed. But on the flip side we need to be able to rest and not worry. There are so many worries in this world. I challenge you if you do have a relationship with God, pray. Be silent, be still. If you don't, ask me.
I know I'm not perfect, I'm filled with flaws and I never get things right. I know one thing that is right....Jesus...let's find our certainty in him. Please do stay somewhat informed though.
And as I say to my students, make smart choices in whatever your new normal looks like. Also, gluten free, sugar free, any recipes please send my way.
Have a lovely Monday !

No comments:
Post a Comment