Monday, April 4, 2016

Train Adventures and a Poem

Well friends,

This would happen to me...

And everyone else on the MARC last Monday. Something strange happened. We stopped. Normally, the MARC takes about an hour. This one did not take an hour. It took more like 3 hours. I left Baltimore at 7:15. I arrived in DC at 11:45. This is certainly not normal now is it? Well...you got it. Sadly, someone was hit by the MARC train. This was from an earlier domestic issue. The police and officials had a lot of work. MARC and Amtrak suspended all trains going in both directions. How was my adventure? I met some awesome people. I got to have conversations with working people. I learned about others and I called my mom. Didn't know if I would make it back that day. I also played on my phone and finished my book. A lot can happen in 2 hours. Stuck in the middle of Bowie. We were even allowed to get out of the train. I'm still in awe of that adventure. I'm thankful that I endured and did not have to be at work. I am thankful that I survived, but I am kind of disappointed that I lost a day.

It is what it is :)

Poem:

In the Midst

In the darkness...You are there 
In the rain and dreariness...You are there 
Outside in sunshine...You are there.
In what feels like chaos...You are there to pull us through.
In my time of need ...You are there 
In good, bad, great, ugly...you are there






                    


No comments: