Tuesday, July 26, 2011

New Lens

From my perspective not being able to know what is going on somewhere can be nerve racking. Not being able to know what is going on...or be able to ask questions. Or just talk to people. Understand what their saying. Something is very wrong.

That's life when you visit a foreign country. Not to far off from my own. But yet WAY different. At least here there is beautiful weather. Wonderful people helping me navigate this place. But just as I feel comfortable I'm leaving again. But guess what I'm coming back. At least to visit. Probably not stay but that's not my decision to make now is it :).

Something I'm reminded of constantly in my independent mentality and individualistic culture focus...is that I am not alone. I'm not alone there are fellow like-minded people around. They are here to help. I'm not going about this in the dark. I can ask questions. I do have help. And I am reminded of that preiodically.

 

1 comment:

Jesse said...

Interesting how that works, isn't it? I found that was the case during Peace Corps. You feel alone, but you are never truly alone.