Friday, June 17, 2011

All Discumbabluated

Why the title? The reason behind it? Well getting down to business summer began a week or so ago. Losing track really. It came crashing into my lap. Being busy up until school ended and then....just like that. It's over. No more grades. No more lesson plans....for the summer. What am I to do with my time. I slept a lot the first week. This week less so and actually been doing things with my time. And let me tell you I LOVED every minute of the time I spent doing the things I did. Simple but rewarding. I absolutely love being able to do behind the scenes stuff. And that is exactly what I did.  I can't really go in to detail but I enjoyed what I did.


But than I got to thinking. Oh man I miss my students. I haven't really had an emotional experience yet. Things have been rather sudden. Haven't had time to process really until now. Just kind of going over all that has happened.

And why "Hold Me." I just needed it. A reminder that He's not gonna leave my side and how I've been feeling. Each day is special. And I had a really special opportunity this school year. But it's over a little quicker than I'd like it to be. I'm gonna miss my "first class." I mean my 3rd year of teaching (yes number 3 and I've not run screaming!) and now I'm looking at number 4. It's hard to believe I guess. Surreal and my "first class" survived me too. I'm getting all nostalgic but it is what it is. That's my personality. Take it or leave it.

Lessons learned this year will for sure be in the back of my mind this next year. I can't wait but in the mean time I need a break. And in conclusion staying here has been odd too. The first time I haven't flown the coop so to speak. The first time I stayed thankfully I have my roommate here. Thankfully there's people here. But I haven't had to touch a suitcase or figure out what to leave and take back. It's weird but its good because it's giving me a new perspective. I'm not living at home anymore. I really am on my own. But lets just be honest, I do miss my family, really but at the same token this is good. To realize I miss them and cherish them even more when I see them again.


Long winded? I know it's been awhile. May was a blur and REALLY busy so I figured I'd regale you all with a blubbering teary eyed teacher :) I miss my students, but  am thankful for rest.











No comments: