Valentines day comes around and is hyped up by commercialization and other assorted types in the US. Yes its a nice day to remind your loved ones that you love/care about them. Even as a single person its nice to hear from family and friends your cared about. That is great. Parties will happen and cards will be passed out in school classrooms. People will have parties. The day is over once the time switches to midnight and it is soon long since forgotten.
One of the greatest is Him who laid down His life for us. I have been reading a lot about what He did in the OT. Its not just a coincidence. He did it because He loved us and that is probably one of the BEST Valentines gifts I could get this day. No I'm not seeing anyone. But I am reminded of my "True Love." Its one that will never leave me even when I mess up and will always be there and wrote the BEST love letter to us. Something to think about as your eating your special dinner with your significant others, parents, and/or friends.
As the song is titled "O Love that will NOT Let Me Go." His love is not going to let us go. How cool is that?
This week I got cookies/cards from students. That is a sign of appreciation. I think they wanted to give me like 5 (glad they didn't give me all 5 cookies). We've read, we've sung, we've used play dough, we've danced, and the list is endless. There is way to much fun had in some cases. I'm so excited to see how so many of these kids have progressed. Its only February but wow! One even asked if I could be their "Valentine.." yea sorry no. Cute offer but no. Around this place Valentines day is pretty big. The Mall has massive hearts strung. And you can write a love letter on a post-it. Don't know if the person will get it or not. We'll see.
Till next time....
No comments:
Post a Comment