Thursday, August 27, 2009

Have a I ran today

Ok, the reason for this title is to remind me and many others that in order to run the Istanbul Marathon we must run.

Well...anyway. Today was the first day of school. Why am I tired? Who knows. Things just wear you down. And rest is key. I talked to teachers had a mini-conference in the hall. Sat down and enjoyed other peoples company. Than looked at the clock. Its six really? Yuck. I had to get outta there and fast. So I trekked it home. I have some tests to grade. But I can do those tomorrow morning. I pretty much have a list of the cute and fun kids I will be teaching. Its going to be a good year. Ironically near my room there were no criers. I was a bit surprised. There was one stubborn one but overall a good day. First days can be good or bad. But this one was good. Although I had to remember the differences between a middle schooler and a first grader are big. First graders need way more directions than I remembered. But its okay I handled it well. I hope.

What do I think this year will be? Who knows. I do know that I'm excited that tomorrow is Friday and I have the weekend to recover from my insane testing schedule. Ready or not school is in session. I know the teacher are...but the kids. We'll see.


Oh and yes today was the first day in a while I had to wake up early....yuck.

Ahh well....

1 comment:

Jesse said...

You survived..

Oh and I would prefer 1-2nd graders to smarmy 8th graders any day.